Thursday, November 21, 2013

Recap and Preview for Week of Nov 23

Recap
Finally...a winning week!  As I stated, I feel that I know Ga Tech and UGA pretty well.  I thought that Auburn was playing better football.  And even though they got a little (a lot!) lucky on the last play, there is no doubt in my mind that Auburn was the better team.  I expected Tech to get man-handled by Clemson, and they did.  USC did not surprise me one bit by beating Stanford.  Last week's record: 3-2.  Overall record since making picks public: 8-13

Preview for the Week of Nov 23
1.  Minnesota (+16) vs Wisconsin
Okay, I know very little about the Big 10.  Yet, for reason reason I am picking two of their games this week?!  The reason is solely because this week's slate of games is so dreadfully bad.  I like the turnaround that Minnesota has made, even with Jerry Kill being in the press box.  I think that the Badgers win, but not by 16.  Wisconsin wins 27-24

2.  Michigan (+6) at Iowa
Iowa plays wells at home, which I guess is why they are favored versus the Wolverines.  Michigan has to be one of the biggest disappointments in the country.  They are due for a big win, and I don't think that they get it next week.  But, I can see them going on the road and beating an average Iowa team.  Michigan wins 28-26

3.  Ole Miss (+3) vs. Missouri
Missouri is favored, but they really haven't played a tough road game yet.  Yes, they won at UGA, but that UGA team wasn't close to full strength.  Hugh Freeze has momentum high in Oxford, and I think the Rebels get a huge win here.  This win could get them in the Cotton Bowl talk.  Rebels roll 34-24

4.  Oklahoma State (+10) vs. Baylor
This game reminds me with one above.  Like Mizzou, Baylor has yet to win a road game versus a Top 15 opponent.  The OSU offense isn't quite as prolific as in the past, but their defense is better.  Stillwater is a really tough place to win in, and I think the Bears will struggle.  Expect a battle, but I'll take OSU to win outright.  OSU wins 33-30

5.  Kentucky (+24) at UGA
I struggled over this one and UCLA plus 2.5 versus ASU.  I don't know much about the PAC 12, so I'll go with my heart.  Aaron Murray will be playing in his final home game in Athens, so I'm sure the offense will put up points.  But, can the defense get enough stops to cover?  If Vandy can score on UGA, I think the Wildcats can do.  UGA wins easily, but won't cover.  UGA wins 38-21

No comments:

Post a Comment