Thursday, November 7, 2013

Preview of game the week of Nov. 9

Recap
Yikes!  Home dogs did not fair well!  Things that we learned: Ohio State, Florida State, and Texas A&M are really good...so good that they covered versus a very big spread. But, I still think those were the wise picks.  Every now and then you have a week like that.  This week we finished 1-4

Games for the week of November 9
1.  Stanford (+11.5) vs. Oregon
I honestly think that Stanford is going to win this game.  I know good Oregon is.  I get it.  Marcus Mariotta is my Heisman pick, and he's been great despite losing Chip Kelley to the NFL.  But, Stanford know how to beat the Ducks, having done so 2 out of the past 3 seasons.  Even if Stanford doesn't win, I still think that would win with 11.5 points. Stanford win 26-23

2.  Tennessee (+8.5) vs. Auburn
Which Tennessee team will show up?  Will it be the team that beat South Carolina and nearly beat Georgia, or will it be the team that laid an egg versus Missouri.  Both teams are young.  When that is the case, always favor the home team.  I think Tennessee will win outright, but I must admit that I am worried QB Justin Worley is hurt.  UT wins 28-27

3.  NC State (+9.5) at Duke
Duke is giving 9.5 points?!  I really like David Cutliff and the job he is doing at Duke.  But I just can't buy into the Blue Devils, especially this much.  I'll take Duke to win, but barely.  Duke wins 31-26

4.  Utah (+7) vs. Arizona State
I don't feel great about this one, but I need 5 games to pick.  If the Utah team that beat Stanford shows up, they will win outright.  ASU is fighting for a Pac 12 title birth, so I think they'll come to play.  I'll take ASU to win outright, but Utah wins plus the points.  ASU wins 30-24

5.  LSU (+12.5) at Alabama
The last time LSU went to Bama they won 6-3 in overtime.  Last year's contest was a nailbiter in which A.J. McCarron led the Crimson Tide on game winning drive in the final minute.  So what does that mean? LSU knows what it takes to play with and beat Bama.  Bama has really only faced two good teams - Texas A&M and Ole Miss.  It would not surprise me one bit if LSU won this game. Bama wins a close one 24-20

No comments:

Post a Comment